Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes red, itchy scaly patches, most commonly on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp. Psoriasis is a common, long-term (chronic) disease with no cure. It tends to go through cycles, flaring for a few weeks or months, then subsiding for a while or going into remission.
Psoriasis is challenging. And we understand. We will help with the extreme constant discomfort that is caused from Psoriasis. Specific tailored products can be tailor made to reduce and improve the overall appearance of your psoriasis.
The good news is there are several powerhouse ingredients that can treat both the causes and the appearance of dry skin.
These hero ingredients can work together to help the skin’s natural production of hydration and to lock in moisture.
- Gluconolactone is a PHA, an acid, and is used in skincare formulations for its natural antioxidant benefits (which are as effective as vitamin C and vitamin E).
- It gently resurfaces the skin, particularly improving the appearance of ageing skin.
- It is an hydrating ingredient that improves the skin’s texture and tone.
- It has been suggested that Gluconolactone can protect skin from up to 50% of harmful UV radiation.
- Gluconolactone moisturises skin, helps resurface skin and protects it from radiation.
- Glycolic Acid boosts hydration levels, plumping the skin. It is also an exfoliant.
- Glycolic acid helps shed dead skin cells and reveal the newer, brighter layers underneath by acting on the outermost layer of skin
- Glycolic Acid plumps and exfoliates the skin.
- Salicylic Acid helps the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and decreases redness and swelling.
- Salicylic acid decreases redness and swelling.
Now that you’ve learnt how the active ingredients work, you will see how carefully we’ve put your package together.
Please keep in touch with us as your skin improves and tell us about your skin journey.
Keeping up your skin care will be important to maintaining the best results possible. Dr Jeni recommends you establish a good skin care routine with the recommended products and consider subscribing to regular care.