Skincare for skin with hyperpigmentation is all about delivering ingredients that will protect the skin and prevent further changes in the pigment.
There is no one -size-fits-all for the solutions to pigment shifts but a systematic approach to treatment can help to achieve desired results. With all skincare, momentum and consistency are important.
Dr Jeni's range is designed to achieve the following:
- Protect (with sunscreens) - to prevent any worsening of hyperpigmentation.
- Prevent (with antioxidants) – to prevent the abnormal transfer of pigment across skin cells.
- Correct – to correct abnormal pigment production by the pigment cells and their transfer to the other skin cells across the layers of the skin.
Dr Jeni's NoTHanQN1 Skin Care Range Night Cream (Apply PM)
A specialist night cream from Dr Jeni's own range with the hero ingredients Azaleic Acid and Vitamin A as Tretinoin. The exact compounding will be determined by Dr Jeni's assessment.
- Azelaic Acid is a natural material that can be used to treat the pimples and swelling caused by acne and so it is helpful in preventing hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin A as Tretinoin is a topical retinoid derived from Vitamin A. It is an extremely useful and effective way of reducing the transport of abnormal pigment to cells and so diminishing hyperpigmentation.